- 1 lb mild Italian pork sausage
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (15 oz) pizza sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with sweet onion, undrained
- 4 cups uncooked rotini pasta (10 oz)
- 1 can (2 1/4 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella or pizza cheese blend (6 oz)
- 1 In 10-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink; drain.
- 2 In ungreased 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish, mix water, pizza sauce and tomatoes. Stir in cooked sausage, uncooked pasta and olives (pasta should be completely covered with sauce). Cover tightly with foil; refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- 3 When ready to bake, heat oven to 350°F. Stir casserole; cover with foil and bake 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until bubbly.
- 4 Uncover baking dish; stir mixture. Sprinkle with cheese; bake uncovered 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Recipe came from Betty Crocker